At Central Wellbeing, we understand that the journey to mental well-being is unique for each individual. We are a peer support mental health charity established in 2021 based in the heart of Falkirk, dedicated to providing a compassionate and understanding space for those navigating the challenges of mental health.
Founded in 2021, Central Wellbeing emerged from a collective desire to create a supportive environment for those facing mental health challenges in Falkirk and its surrounding areas. Our founder, Ania, who has experienced the impact of mental health struggles, envisioned a community where individuals could find solace and strength in one another.
Our Mission Statement: “To bring people together for mental health support, fostering understanding and resilience."
Our overarching mission is to empower individuals to take an active role in their mental health and recovery. By facilitating peer support groups, we aim to create a network of understanding and empathy that transcends the barriers often associated with mental health issues. Through shared experiences, our participants find strength, validation, and the knowledge that they are not alone.
Holistic Recognition: We acknowledge each individual as a whole person, with valid experiences, talents, and personal lifestyles.
Embracing Lived Experience: We appreciate the significance of lived experiences as valuable lessons, integrating them into every aspect of our work.
Fostering Mutual Support: Our commitment is to empower individuals to assist one another on their respective journeys.
Emphasizing Personal Choice: We respect diversity by offering people the freedom to choose, recognising that everyone is different in their preferences and needs.
Collaborative Wellbeing Advocacy: We collaborate with others to champion mental well-being as an essential requirement for everyone.
What Sets Us Apart
Peer Support that Makes a Difference: What makes Central Wellbeing unique is our emphasis on peer support. Our team, comprised of individuals with lived experience, understands the power of empathy and shared understanding. We believe in the strength of community, where individuals support each other through shared experiences and encouragement.
All of our groups are free to attend and we strive to create a warm, welcoming, non-judgemental space.
- Inclusivity: Our peer support groups are open to individuals from all walks of life, creating a diverse and welcoming community.
- Facilitators: Trained facilitators guide these sessions, ensuring a supportive and constructive atmosphere. These facilitators may have personal experience with mental health challenges themselves, enhancing their ability to connect with participants.
- Confidentiality: A fundamental aspect of our peer support groups is the commitment to confidentiality. Participants can share their thoughts and feelings in a secure and non-judgmental space.
- Emotional Support: Participants gain emotional support from others who understand their struggles, fostering a sense of belonging and reducing isolation.
- Skill Building: Peer support groups provide opportunities for skill development, coping strategies, and the sharing of practical tips for managing mental health challenges.
- Hope and Inspiration: By witnessing the resilience of others in the group, participants often find renewed hope and inspiration for their own journey toward mental wellness.
The impact of our peer support groups, befriending, and workshops extends beyond the sessions themselves. Participants report improved mental well-being, increased self-esteem, and a greater sense of agency in managing their mental health. We have touched the lives of countless individuals, providing them with the tools and community they need to navigate their mental health journey. The ripple effect of this positive change extends to families, workplaces, and communities, fostering a more compassionate and understanding society.
Overall, Central Wellbeing is dedicated to bringing people together by fostering a supportive and empowering environment through our peer support groups, where individuals can find understanding, strength, and hope on their journey to mental wellness.